Monday, July 26, 2010

No Credit is Good Credit...right?

So since I have my awesome big girl job, its time to say "PEACE OUT" to my big red Volvo. A little background story on my Volvo.....my parents surprised me with a GORGEOUS green jetta, sun roof and everything in high school. About a couple months later I'm driving to school, uniform and all and some lady.....hits me head on! I was crushed..literally crushed! So here comes senior year...and I'm carless until the worse day of my life happened! My parents roll up our drive way with this shiny, big red volvo! I didn't know if I should cry, hide and try to kill the car the first time I drive it. Years later, yep I'm still driving the big, red shiny volvo. Mind you the AC is not working, so take Atlanta summer heat + hot air blowing in my car. It has died, over heated and for some reason it keeps coming back to life. Anyways, back to my story....my big girl job is great! Great people, great job, great $, so I'm set to buy a new car right? So I thought. I don't know if I should praise my parents or be mad at them, I was never given a credit card in college, I just didn't feel like spending money I didn't have, and none of the bills were in my name, I mean my parents paid them anyways so I just let them take care of it. Well to buy a car I need a loan, to get a loan you need credit, to have credit you need a credit card. Well........I have NONE of that! Awesome...so while I'm looking at pretty cars I can afford I am driving away in my big, red shiny Volvo. I thought no credit was good credit....guess not :(

No comments:

Post a Comment